READER OFFER: Enjoy a spectacular journey of discovery from North Vietnam to Laos.
Enjoy a spectacular journey of discovery from North Vietnam to Laos in the company of Fairfax travel blogger and columnist Ben Groundwater. We will explore at handlebar level this friendly land, where exceptional hospitality is guaranteed. Without a doubt cycling is one of the best ways to explore a country and our complete service includes comfortable geared bikes, a support crew and backup vehicle.
With Fairfax's Backpacker blogger and author of the entertaining travel memoir Five Ways to Carry a Goat as host, this will be a unique and inspiring trip suited to travellers keen to explore the less trodden paths of two diverse South East Asian countries.
Dates: 17th May – 31st May 2014
Trip Cost: $4,190 (joining Hanoi)
- Exploring the old quarter of Hanoi
- Sail amongst the beauty of Halong Bay
- Explore the stunning temples and waterfalls of Luang Prabang
- Stay with the village headman in Ban Sopjam
- Discover the minority villages of Mai Chau region in Vietnam
- Explore the intriguing Vieng Say Caves
- Travel in the company of Fairfax travel blogger and columnist, Ben Groundwater
Trip Duration: 15 days | Grade: Moderate | Activities: Cycling | Accommodation: 15 day trip, 9 nights hotel, 4 nights homestay and 1 night traditional boat | Meals: 14 breakfasts, 13 lunches and 14 dinners |
THIS TRIP HAS NOW DEPARTED