There's often plenty to complain about on planes, but what makes a flight enjoyable? Diana Plater names her wish-list for perfect flying, whether in business or cattle class.
- Very experienced pilots
- Flight attendants who answer your requests promptly and who also don't assume you know how everything works - including how to recline the seat - and then turn out all the lights;
- An entertainment system that never breaks down, is easy to use, doesn't go back to the beginning by mistake every time you hit pause, or has a really obvious pause button;
- Good selection of movies (fewer rom coms), TV programs and music including a change in selection more often in case frequent travellers (eg Business travellers) have already seen all the movies;
- Service that comes around even during sleep times in case you need something such as a a cup of tea - without having to call;
- Comfortable headphones that block out other noise and don't hurt your ears;.
- Seats that lie flat or go back easily - and enough leg room in Economy;
- An even temperature - not too hot or too freezing cold;
- Good face moisturiser (very rarely available in Business Class packs);
- Comfortable pillows and blankets and eye masks;
- Non-annoying, quiet fellow passengers, who also keep control of their children and babies (much as we sympathise). And that includes passengers who can handle their alcohol;
- Good light food that doesn't leave you feeling bloated;
- Clean bathrooms;
- Not having to climb over other passengers (when in Business Class);
- Smooth flights, little turbulence;
- Choice of aisle or window seats - never having to sit in a middle seat again;
- No seats put back in your face - especially when eating;
- Sleeping pills if all else fails.
Have a good flight!