FAIRFAX DIGITAL AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND PTY LTD
INSTAGRAM 2 WIN SNOW IT ALL 2015 COMPETITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia. However, employees and their immediate families of Fairfax Digital Australia & New Zealand Pty Ltd and its associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
3. The competition commences at 12.01am June 2, 2016 and closes at 11.59pm September 7, 2016.
4. To enter, take a winter inspired picture and upload it to Instagram with the tag: #misssnowitall.
5. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Instagram. You acknowledge that all information and material that you submit to enter this Promotion is submitted to the Promoter and not Instagram and you agree that Instagram shall not be liable to you in any way in respect of this Promotion.
6. Entrants must be 18 years of age or over. If the winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the prize winner's parent or legal guardian who must accompany the minor on the trip.
7. Entries are not limited per person.
8. A judging panel will review the entered images on Instagram each week and select 5 to appear on the 'Snow It All' blog every Thursday, throughout the competition period starting June 2, 2016. Judges will decide a weekly finalist from each week's Instagram gallery, and their name will be published on the 'Snow It All' blog. The finalist will automatically go into the finalists gallery to be published on September 15. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The judging will take place at Fairfax Media, 1 Darling Island Rd, Pyrmont, NSW 2009.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with the Terms & Conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner's entry is of a type described in this clause.
10. Entries must be received by 11.59pm (AEST) September 7, 2016. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by Fairfax Digital Australia & New Zealand Pty Ltd database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
11. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant's individual Internet Service Provider.
12. The winner of the competition will be selected from the Finalists Gallery by readers. To vote for their favourite finalist, readers must email firstname.lastname@example.org their choice of winner from the finalists gallery between September 15 and 28, 2016.
13. Readers may only email once with their choice of winner.
14. The final winner will be announced on the SnowItAll final column of the winter season on September 29.
15. There will be one (1) major prize winner drawn from the Finalist Gallery, selected by readers who will receive: two (2) return, non-chargeable, non-refundable economy flights from Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane to Vancouver (RRP$3400) subject to availability and blackout dates, two (2) nights at the Pan Pacific Hotel in Vancouver (RRP$600) subject to availability and valid for one year, two (2) tickets to Capilano Suspension Bridge Park (RRP$80), two (2) tickets for FlyOver Canada including a souvenir guide and two souvenir Howie bears (RRP$40), five (5) nights at The Westin at Whistler Blackcomb in a Deluxe Studio Suite (RRP$3000) subject to blackout dates, five (5) days lift passes for two people at Whistler Blackcomb (RRP$950) and two (2) round trip transfers with Whistler Connection from Vancouver to Whistler (RRP$316)
16. Spending money, additional meals, taxes, insurance, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. Prize must be taken during the 2016/2017 Whistler Blackcomb ski season and is subject to booking and flight availability.
17. The winner and their companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoters in their absolute discretion. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. The winner may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in.
18. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason the winner does not take the prize (or an element of the prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoters, that date being October 15, 2016, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
19. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
20. The promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
21. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
22. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby assigns to the Promoter all right, title and interest in and to all copyright in any material created pursuant to the winner's participation in any aspect of the prize (Works). The winner acknowledges that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
23. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner's image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner's participation in the prize to appear in connection with Fairfax Digital Australia & New Zealand, www.smh.com.au and www.theage.com.au or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
24. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
25. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
26. Should an entrant's contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
27. Subject to any written direction given under regulation 37 of the Lotteries and Gaming Act 1993 (SA), the promoter may conduct further draws at the same time and place as the original draw as necessary to distribute the prize.
28. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter's ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
29. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
30. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
31. Fairfax Digital Australia & New Zealand Pty Ltd and its associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
32. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
33. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
34. The Promoter is Fairfax Digital Australia & New Zealand Pty Ltd, (ABN: 34 087 887 456) of Level 2, 1 Darling Island Road, Pyrmont NSW 2009.