If I have an accident overseas after a few drinks; am I still insured?

… according to Angus Kidman, editor-in-chief, finder.com

"I'm certainly guilty of enjoying a drink or two when I'm on holiday. Honestly, who wants to turn down a poolside cocktail? But unfortunately many people don't realise there can be risks to a holiday tipple other than a sore head the next day. It can easily invalidate your travel insurance. If you're deemed to be under the influence after any kind of accident, your travel insurance is likely to be void. Every insurer will have different rules, but most won't cover incidents while you're drunk. If an incident ends up reported to the local police, your insurer will know the results of any breath tests. That doesn't mean you shouldn't take out travel insurance – you want to be covered if you get hit crossing the road outside your hotel first thing in the morning. But check the rules, and drink sensibly."

See https://www.finder.com.au